Find out how offering an Apprenticeship can support your business in the Welwyn Hatfield area.
Over 130,000 businesses across the UK offer Apprenticeship places because they recognise their effectiveness at increasing productivity, improving business performance and ensuring a committed and competent workforce.
Recruiting apprentices enables employers to fill the skills gaps that exist within their current workforce as apprentices begin to learn sector specific skills from day one; developing specialist knowledge that will positively affect your bottom line.
In addition to eager, motivated staff who are committed to on the job training and development, industry research has highlighted numerous direct and indirect benefits of Apprenticeships for both recruiting new apprentices and for training your workforce.
- 80% of companies who invest in apprentices have reported a significant increase in employee retention
- 77% of employers believe Apprenticeships make them more competitive
- 76% of those employers who employ apprentices agree they make their workplace more productive
- 81% of consumers favour using a company which employs apprentices
- Employers who take on a 16 - 18 year old apprentice only pay their salary. The Government will fund their training
- 92% of employers who employ apprentices believe that Apprenticeships lead to a more motivated and satisfied workforce.
- 83% of employers who employ apprentices rely on their Apprenticeship programme to provide the skilled workers that they need for the future
- Apprenticeship programmes allow training to take part at the workforce with little disruption to business operations
- In terms of return on investment linked to Apprenticeships, 41% say that their apprentices make a valuable contribution to the business during their training period, while a further third (33%) report that apprentices add value within their first few weeks or even from day one
- 57% report a high proportion of their apprentices going on to management positions within the company
* Data compiled by the National Apprenticeship Service
View an Apprenticeship Case Study here Apprenticeship Case Study JLT [265KB]
For more advice about employing an Apprentice in your business please contact our Economic Development Officer.