»

Closed Church Burial Grounds

When a Church of England Burial Ground is closed to further burials by Order in Council under the Burial Act 1853, the responsibility for grounds maintenance is transferred to Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council. 

St Lukes Church Burial Ground

St Albans Road East, Hatfield, AL10 0EJ

The Third Marquess of Salisbury built St Luke's as a cemetery church in 1877. As Newtown (the first new town) developed, regular Sunday services started in 1888.  In 1893 the chapel was converted to a cruciform plan church.

Due to insufficient space, there are no grave spaces available for purchase.  Burials can however be conducted in family graves which have previously been purchased.

St Etheldreda's Church Yard

1 Fore Street, Hatfield AL9 5AN

St Etheldreda's is Hatfield's Parish Church. The present church dates from the 13nth Century and is located just outside the walls of Hatfield House. Funeral services are still conducted at the church, however the grounds are unable to undertake burials anymore.

For more information regarding St Lukes or St Etheldreda's Church and their surrounding burial ground surrounding the church, please contact

Parish Team Office
12 Fore Street
Old Hatfield
Herts AL9 5AN
01707 260800
bhteamoffice@gmail.com

Open Saturdays 9am - 10am

https://stetheldreda.org/

 

Powered by GOSS iCM