Blue Badges enable holders to park near shops, stations and other facilities.
The Blue Badge is recognised throughout Europe. To apply for a Blue Badge contact Hertfordshire County Council.
Resident wishing to apply for an advisory disabled bay outside of their homes, will need to contact Adult Social Care and Disability Services on tel: 0300 123 4042.
They will contact Herts County Council on the residents behalf and an assessment will be carried out to see whether they qualify for an advisory disabled bay
Avoid parking tickets with your Blue Badge
When using your Blue Badge to park on yellow lines or in a disabled parking space, please be aware that:
- You must display the badge on top of the dashboard or fascia panel of the vehicle
- The wheelchair-user symbol should face forward, making the expiry date legible from the outside of the vehicle
- The parking disc must also be displayed and must be set to show the time of arrival
- If your vehicle does not have a dashboard or fascia panel you must display the badge and disc in a conspicuous position, so that the relevant details are legible from outside the vehicle
- Badges last for up to three years. Apply for a new blue badge several weeks before it expires.
There are a total of 23 on-street disabled parking spaces in Welwyn Garden City, these are free of charge for Blue Badge holders. Information on disabled parking bays in Welwyn Garden City town centre is available to download [253KB].
Concessions for on-street parking - 10th August 2016
In areas where there is a limited waiting period, for example1 hour no return within 1 hour as in area in Welwyn Garden City.
You are able to park for an unlimited amount of time as long as you display a valid blue badge.
This concession is also available within any of the Councils resident parking permit areas, which are listed www.welhat.gov.uk/permitarealocations
For more information about the Blue Badge is available from the Department for Transport website.
No concessions in Welwyn Garden City town centre car parks
All users of the council's Welwyn Garden City town centre car parks, including Blue Badge holders, are charged to park.
Hatfield town centre car parks
We continue to make no charge to any user of council car parks in Hatfield.
Details of where the disabled bays are in Hatfield town centre car parks [655KB]