Regulations allow you to request environmental information held by the council.
Environmental information includes:
- the state of air, water, soil, land and fauna (including human beings)
- emissions and discharges, noise, energy, radiation and waste
- policies, plans, and agreements relating to the environment.
If you wish to make a request for information, please note that:
- We accept both verbal and written requests.
- We aim to release information unless there is a reason why we cannot. (This is known as an 'exception'.)
- We have 20 working days to respond to your request. If this is not possible, we will advise you, and provide an anticipated response date.
- We aim to make information available free of charge. However, in some circumstances, an administration charge may be payable.
To make a request, please contact us.