We may need to refuse your application.
We do not permit the following alterations:
- open fires
- wood burners
- gas fires
- installation of down lights into ceilings
- structural works involving load bearing walls
- extensions and brick based conservatories
- permissions which change the number of bedrooms in a property
- removal of stair banisters
- laminate flooring.
We will not grant permission if:
- the proposal will breach planning or building regulation approval
- the proposed works are considered to be detrimental to the structure and / or long term maintenance of the property.
- the proposed works may have a detrimental effect on health and safety including fire risks
- the proposed works are considered to be potentially detrimental to the future letting / use of the property
- the proposed works will negatively affect neighbouring properties / residents and are not in keeping with their surrounding environment.
If we refuse to give you our permission to carry out an alteration you may submit a revised proposal at any time.
If you are in rent arrears or there are on-going court proceedings in relation to your tenancy, your request may be placed on hold until the matter is resolved.