Please remember that consent from us is not the same as consent under Building Control Regulations or the Town and Country Planning Act.

You must have separate permissions for these if they apply.

For certain works you must obtain Planning and/or Building Regulations approval. You must do this yourself and we will only be able to consider your alterations request once you have this approval. Party Wall Notice may also be required for some types of work.

We will not help you with any of the expenses of doing the work. You will be responsible for the repairs and maintenance of the alteration unless we accept this responsibility under the terms of the Tenancy Agreement.

Neighbour consent

In some cases, it is essential that your neighbour consents to the alterations you want to make. Please download, complete and return a Icon for pdf Neighbour Consent form.

Electricity, gas and water supplier

You must also comply with the regulations of your electricity, gas and water suppliers.

Alteration timeframe

For some types of alterations permission is only given in principle until we have inspected the completed alterations and sign these off. Only then will full permission be granted.

Consent is valid for 3 months from the date given. If you wish to do work later you must make a fresh application.


You must check the asbestos log for your home to ensure that no potentially asbestos-containing materials will be disturbed by your proposed alterations. If you do not have the asbestos log for your home, please contact us.