Our Civil Enforcement Officers can issue PCN's when vehicles park in breach of Traffic Regulation Orders

On street parking restrictions can be enforced by our Civil Enforcement Officers. Such contraventions include:

- Parking on double or single yellow lines

- Parking in a resident permit scheme without a valid permit 

- Overstaying a time limited parking

- Parked in a disabled bay where a sign and road markings indicate "Disabled Badge Holders Only". Please note, we cannot issue to vehicles parked in advisory disabled bays e.g. disabled bays in resident areas where there is no sign or TRO

- Parked more than 50cm from the edge of the kerb in the carriageway

- Parked in alongside a dropped kerb. Dropped kerbs may be there to access a driveway or enable pedestrians to cross the road. Please note, vehicles parked on the other side of the road opposite a dropped kerb cannot be issued. If blocking a driveway, the householder is the only person who can request a vehicle is enforced. 


A PCN cannot be issued to vehicles where no parking restrictions exist. 


To report a vehicle parked in contravention of a parking restriction, contact 01279 502039 between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday and you will be able to speak to someone in the Parking Office. For out of hours between 5pm and 8pm Monday to Friday, and between 9am and 5pm on Saturdays and Sundays you can contact 01279 655261. You will be asked some questions to check the criteria for issuing a PCN are met, before a CEO is sent to help (provided one is available).

The service is maintained by our enforcement provider East Herts Council. When reporting, please ensure you have the vehicle registration of the vehicle(s) you are reporting. 


If there are no restrictions to prohibit parking on the road then we will not have any powers to take any action and the problem should be referred to the Police on 101 (non-emergency number).