Please let us know if you have any feedback.Send feedback
How to comment on or object to any planning application.
Commenting on a planning application
Comments cannot be treated as confidential and all representations are published on our website and available for inspection at our office. Please do not include any information that you would not wish to be made public. Please ensure your comments are not offensive, inflammatory or libellous. If they are, they won't be considered by the Case Officer and your representation may be returned to you, or edited by us prior to publication.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any personal names, please use words such as applicant, neighbour, etc.
- Contain any personal information such as you're living on your own, you're on holiday next week etc.
- Contain any information relating to medical data for yourself or others; this is unlawful for us to process
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory
- Promote sexually explicit material
- Promote violence
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexuality orientation, or age
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person
- Be likely to deceive any person
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence
- Promote any illegal activity
- Be threatening, abusive or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person
- Be used to impersonate anyone, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with anyone
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case, or;
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only), copyright infringement or computer misuse.
What should my comments include?
You should include your name, address and email address with your comments but no other personal details such as private telephone numbers or signatures. If these are submitted they'll be removed prior to publication (along with your name and email address), but if you don't submit your name and address we won't be able to add your comments. Please also identify which application your proposals relate to. You can read ourto understand how we process your personal information. All comments received are considered but only those which raise material planning considerations are taken into account when deciding the application. You should consider whether the proposal would affect local buildings and facilities as well as the existing use of the land which should be protected.
How to comment on a current application
Anyone can comment, or support any planning application, whether it directly affects you or not if you have Grounds to comment on a planning application, even if you haven't received a letter notifying you of the application.
Comments may be made:
- online via our planning applications database and selecting Comment alongside the application you wish to comment on.
- In writing to the planning department. Please quote the application reference number in your response.
- Alternatively you may want to ask your local councillor to speak on your behalf.
You have 21 days from the date the site notice is displayed at the site or the date given in any letter we sent you to comment.