The Museum service warmly welcomes volunteers. They play a key role in the life of the museum, mill, gardens and tea room.
Our volunteers are a friendly lot and come in all ages, from teenagers to people in their 80s.
There is a wide variety of opportunities available, such as:
- Exhibitions assistance and social history research
- Helping with children's activities and birthday parties
- Updating websites and increasing our presence on the internet
- Collections management - helping to catalogue the collection
- Staffing the archive room once a week
- Welcoming visitors at the front desk
- Serving cream teas on summer Sunday afternoons 2-5pm, once every 3 weeks or so
- Or if you have other skills and interests which you'd like to share, contact us for an informal chat.
Read our leaflet/application form Mill Green Museumor contact Museums Manager Linda Dobbs for an informal discussion at