Refuse bins should be available from 5am, recycling and compost bins from 6am.
Please ensure that your bins are available on the boundary of your property (where it meets the highway or pavement) on the correct day and prior to collections taking place.
- Make sure all rubbish or recycling is placed inside the bin
- Make sure the lid is closed. We will not collect overflowing bins.
- We will not collect excess waste or recycling.
- We will not empty contaminated bins
- We will only empty brown bins if you are subscribed to the garden waste service.
- Do not compress the waste in too tightly. (If it doesn't fall out when tipped onto the collection truck, you will need to loosen the material so we can empty it on the next scheduled collection.)
- Make sure your bin isn't too heavy to empty. (For example putting incorrect items in your bin, or in the case of the brown bin, including a lot of organic waste that has decomposed making it very dense and heavy. In these instances, you are expected to remove the incorrect items or some of the waste, so we can empty the bin on the next scheduled collection. )
- Ensure your bins are clearly visible and do not obstruct the pavement.
Please help us to keep the streets tidy by not presenting your bins any earlier than 5pm the night before your collection day and please return them to your property by midday on the day following collection.
If you have difficulty putting your bins out, you may be eligible for an assisted collection service.