You must notify us if your circumstances change.

A change of circumstances (for the purposes of Council Tax) is considered as:

  • someone moving in or out of your property meaning that your entitlement or discount has changed
  • being entitled to a discount or exemption, or your entitlement has come to an end, for other reasons

If you are unsure whether you need to tell us about your change of circumstances then please contact us at or take a look at the discounts and exemptions area of our website.

Report a change in circumstances

Contacting us about someone else's account

In order for us to discuss a Council Tax account with a person acting on someone else's behalf, we must have either written authority from the account holder to do so.

If someone calls us or visits our office on someone else's behalf, the account holder must be present to supply verbal consent.  

We have a duty to protect personal information that we hold which is governed by the Data Protection Act 2018, please visit our data protection page for more information.

If you are contacting us about someone who has died, the Tell us once scheme lets you report a death to most government organisations in one go.