If you are the only person aged 18 or over living in your property, you are eligible for a 25% discount off your council tax bill.

To qualify you must provide the date you became the only adult living in the property.

You will also be asked to provide a forwarding address if anyone has recently moved out of the property.

Apply for single person discount

We will send you a revised bill once satisfied that you qualify for the discount.

We may ask you for the new address of anyone who has recently moved out of the property.

If someone else over the age of 18 moves into the property, or a member of your household reaches the age of 18, you must immediately tell us about this change in circumstances.

We will regularly review your discount eligibility. You will be sent an email requesting that you confirm that your circumstances have not changed.