The Discretionary Test and Trace Support Payment Scheme offers a £500 payment to people who are forced to self-isolate and will lose income as they cannot work.
Payment will be made in exceptional circumstances and will only apply to those experiencing severe financial difficulties, resulting from having been told to self-isolate on or after 28 September 2020.
This applies to those who have either tested positive for coronavirus or are close contacts of someone who tested positive. You will not get the payment if you self-isolate after displaying symptoms but haven't had a test.
People in the same household can each make an individual application to receive the payment, if they each meet the eligibility criteria. Someone can claim more than once (if they are told to self-isolate multiple times), as long as they meet the eligibility criteria for each individual claim and their periods of self-isolation do not overlap.
The Council has been given a limited amount of funding for this scheme and the total value of payments made will be limited to the funding available.
You may be entitled to a discretionary Test and Trace Support Payment of £500 if you meet all the following criteria:
- Have been told to stay at home and self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace, either because they have tested positive for coronavirus or have recently been in close contact with someone who has tested positive
- Are employed or self-employed
- Are unable to work from home and will lose income as a result
- Will suffer exceptional financial hardship as you are unable to work, whilst self-isolating, and have a limited income.
- You do not currently receive Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, income-based Employment and Support Allowance, income-based Jobseeker's Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit and/or Pension Credit. Consideration will be given to those in receipt of council tax support, not entitled to public funds or on a zero hours contract.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, should you require any additional information.
Information we need from you
Please ensure that you have the below information available before starting the application:
- National Insurance number
- Your 8 digit test and trace ID number
- Your most recent bank statement, proof of self-employment or wage slips