A personal search is an inspection of the Local Land Charges Register.
This can be carried out by anyone, but is usually carried out by private personal search companies/agencies.
Please note that a Personal Search does not provide all the information given on a full (LLC1 and CON 29R) search.
Con29R information is available free of charge from the originating departments whose contact details are below:
- Building Control - email@example.com 01438 879990
- Environmental Health- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Planning- email@example.com
Highways information is only available from Hertfordshire County Council - please contact them direct using the following contact details:
Mrs Jolanta Duraj,
Hertfordshire County Council,
Register Office Building,
Tel No. 01992 555199
Fax No. 01992 588354
DX 145781 Hertford 4
The Procedure for a personal search is as follows.
- Normal opening hours for dealing with personal searches are 10 am - 12 noon everyday Monday to Friday.
- Please note that there is a maximum of 6 addresses per appointment, in order to ensure fair access to all.
- An appointment must be made by telephone, and you will be given the next available appointment.
- An email confirming your appointment will need to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org in this email you will need to confirm the date, time and address/es you have booked in. An up to date location plan must also be sent outlining in red the area you wish us to search against.
If you have any enquiries regarding the information above, please contact:-
The Local Land Charges Department
Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council
Welwyn Garden City
DX 30075 WELWYN GARDEN CITY 1
Tel: 01707 357357 01707 357358 or 01707 357351
Fax: 01707 357475