Our Local Plan was submitted for examination on 15 May 2017 and Melvyn Middleton BA(Econ) DipTP DipMgmt MRTPI has been appointed by the Secretary of State to carry out an independent examination of our Local Plan (2013-2032).
His task will be to consider the soundness of our submitted plan, based on the criteria set out in paragraph 182 of the (2012) National Planning Policy Framework (the Framework).
Our plan should be:
- Positively prepared: it should be based on a strategy that looks at meeting objectively assessed development and infrastructure requirements. This includes; where reasonable to do so; those unmet by our neighbours. It should also be consistent with achieving sustainable development
- Justified: it should be the most appropriate strategy, when considered against reasonable alternatives, based on proportionate evidence
- Effective: it should be deliverable and based on effective joint working with partners and neighbours; and
- Consistent with national policy: it should enable the delivery of sustainable development set out by national policy.
Louise St John Howe has been appointed as the Programme Officer.
She is an independent officer of the examination and works on the inspectors behalf, organising and managing the administrative and procedural matters of the examination process.
Any queries about the examination or any correspondence to the inspector should be sent to:
Louise St John Howe
PO Box 10965
You can also contact her by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 07789 486419.
- Examination news and updates
- Examination documents
- Examination library (evidence base)
- Regulation 19 representations
- Submission documents
- Schedule of rolling changes
- View hearing sessions
- Representations on the Green Belt Review Stage 3
- Representations on the Green Belt Review - Consistency of the scoring of the parcels and sub-divisions of parcels of land
- Consultation Responses to Examination Documents EX101A to EX153
- Consultation Responses to Examination Documents EX154, EX156-EX160 inclusive
- Consultation Responses to Examination Document EX169