A bin is classed as missed if it was available on the boundary at the time the collection took place and was presented according to our guidelines.
Your bin may not have been collected because:
- Your bin/s was not in position at the time of collection. Rubbish collections begin from 5am and recycling and compost collections from 6am. Your bins must be placed on the boundary of your home by the appropriate time.
- Your recycling bin/s contained incorrect items (they were contaminated).
- You presented excess waste in sacks, or your bin was overfilled and the lid was not closed.
In these cases, the crew will not return to empty your bin until your next scheduled collection.
How we deal with missed bins
If you believe your bin or bins were genuinely missed, please inform us as soon as possible using the reporting link above.
We will only deal with a missed collection if it's reported within two working days after your collection day. For example, if your bin was missed on a Monday, we must know by the end of Wednesday.
Even if your bin is less than half full and you do not need us to return before your next collection we would still like to know for our records.
If we genuinely missed your bin(s):
- We will return within three working days.
- For return collections, please leave your bin available on the boundary of your property.
If you have excess waste and/or recycling:
If our collection crew tells us that your road was serviced and your bin was left for the reasons above you can dispose of your excess rubbish and recycling by taking it to a: