Over 140 sites have been suggested by land owners and developers for new housing, employment, mixed use or other developments. We would like to hear your views on these sites and encourage residents to take part in our consultation.Tell us your views
The Welwyn Hatfield Local Plan will be the blueprint for future growth in the borough.
The Local Plan will shape the future of development in our towns and villages between now and 2032 - new homes, new jobs and business premises, open spaces and community facilities for people to use and infrastructure such as roads, schools and healthcare. It is about supporting the growth of Welwyn Hatfield and a vibrant local economy.
Following various rounds of consultation the council has now submitted the Local Plan for examination.
- Local Plan examination
- Latest news and updates
- Examination documents
- Examination library (evidence base)
- Regulation 19 representations
- Submission documents
- Schedule of rolling changes
- View hearing sessions
- Representations on the Green Belt Review Stage 3
- Representations on the Green Belt Review - Consistency of the scoring of the parcels and sub-divisions of parcels of land
- Evidence base
- New local plan timeline
- News and updates