The independent examination of our Local Plan is now in progress. The Local Plan will be the blueprint for future growth in the borough.View examination documents and sessions
The Welwyn Hatfield Local Plan will be the blueprint for future growth in the borough.
The Stage 8 hearing sessions were rescheduled to run from 28 July to 27 August. Please check the Stage 8 Hearing Sessions page for more details. Updates about other changes to planning and building services can be found on COVID-19 (Coronavirus) page.
The Local Plan will shape the future of development in our towns and villages between now and 2032 - new homes, new jobs and business premises, open spaces and community facilities for people to use and infrastructure such as roads, schools and healthcare. It is about supporting the growth of Welwyn Hatfield and a vibrant local economy.
Following various rounds of consultation, our Local Plan was submitted for examination in May 2017.
- Local Plan examination
- Examination news and updates
- Examination documents
- Examination library (evidence base)
- Regulation 19 representations
- Submission documents
- Schedule of rolling changes
- View hearing sessions
- Representations on the Green Belt Review Stage 3
- Representations on the Green Belt Review - Consistency of the scoring of the parcels and sub-divisions of parcels of land
- Consultation Responses to Examination Documents EX101A to EX153
- Consultation Responses to Examination Documents EX154, EX156-EX160 inclusive
- Consultation Responses to Examination Document EX169
- Evidence base
- New local plan timeline
- News and updates