Building Unity Within Diversity
Come and join us
We are a charity supporting Interfaith in the local area.
We get people from different faiths and backgrounds talking with each other and explaining their beliefs so that we can discover what we have in common, understand the differences and appreciate the diversity. We have been running for over 15 years, and many of our members have become good friends.
Meet new people
Everyone is welcome to our events, attended by people from many different faiths and spiritualities and no faith at all. There are a mix of social and learning events, activities and dialogue. Plus opportunities for volunteers to get involved with our monthly planning meetings, and running events.
Recent activities include
- On-line meetings on topics including festivals, day to day life in your faith, birth rituals in different traditions;
- On-line programme with Kadam dance company celebrating WGC centenary
- Sharing food from around the world
- Monthly programme of dialogue meetings
- Nature walks
- Family storytelling
- Visits to places of worship
- Holocaust Memorial Day events
- Peace Day events
- Multi-cultural shows
- Stalls at local fairs such as Healthfest
In recent years our volunteers have been drawn from Bahai, Buddhist, Christian, Hindu, Jain, Jewish, Muslim, Quaker, Sikh and Spiritualist traditions.
We stay in touch with the National Interfaith Network and regional interfaith groups. And since 2015 we have sent faith visitors into schools through our Whisper project.