The European Parliamentary elections took place on Thursday 23 May 2019.View European election details
Our Local Strategic Partnership (LSP) is called the Welwyn Hatfield Alliance. Members of the Alliance include key public sector organisations, businesses, community groups and voluntary groups in Welwyn Hatfield who have come together around a shared vision, to improve the quality of life for all in Welwyn Hatfield.
The Alliance co-ordinates key local partners to improve local services and involve many more of the local communities in decisions affecting their everyday lives.
Further information about Local Strategic Partnerships can be found on the government's Communities and Local Government webpage.
Executive Group - Strategic Partners
The Executive Group is the overall decision making body of the Alliance and provides both strategic direction and co-ordination. The group consists of senior representatives from:
- Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council
- Hertfordshire County Council
- Hertfordshire Constabulary
- East & North Herts Clinical Commissioning Group (was NHS Hertfordshire) / East & North Herts NHS Trust
- University of Hertfordshire
- Voluntary & Community Sector
- Business sector
- Oaklands College
- Parish & Town Councils
A Management Group will focus on the overall co-ordination of the work programme agreed with the Executive Group, as well as directing the operational delivery of the Sustainable Community Strategy.
The key principles that the Welwyn Hatfield Alliance has built itself around are:
- To keep people safe and feeling safe, whether at home, at work or out and about.
- To help people stay fit and well, through promoting a healthy community and providing a clean environment.
- To build a thriving community that gives fair opportunities for everyone and protects vulnerable people.
- To build a cohesive community that is well placed to accommodate and benefit from growth and investment.
Making a difference is our primary aim.