The Welwyn Hatfield Alliance is a non-statutory, non-executive partnership which operates at a borough level, enabling strategic decisions and actions to be taken within our own community.
Partners recognise the value of working together, especially when resources are tight, and the Alliance aims to continue harnessing the resources of partners and volunteers to improve the quality of life locally.
Further information about Local Strategic Partnerships can be found on the government's Communities and Local Government webpage.
Executive Group - Strategic Partners
There is a whole range of strategic and operational partnership groups that feed into the Alliance. However there are some strategic partners that provide support and direction to enable the Alliance to develop and grow. These partners make up the Alliance Board, they are:
- Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council
- Hertfordshire County Council
- Hertfordshire Constabulary
- Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue Service
- East & North Herts Clinical Commissioning Group (was NHS Hertfordshire) / East & North Herts NHS Trust
- University of Hertfordshire
- Voluntary & Community Sector
- Business sector
- Oaklands College
- Hatfield Town Council
In addition to the Alliance Board, there are a number of local partnership groups that feed into the Alliance, find out more about this, plus other useful contacts in the About the Welwyn Hatfield Alliance Leaflet.
• Improve and enhance co-ordination of services local communities receive
• Make better use of existing resources by avoiding wasteful duplication and filling gaps in services
• Develop non-bureaucratic ways of working
• Tackle cross cutting issues more effectively
• Find new ways to involve many more people in the way their services are provided