Making our community a safe place to live, work or study.
The Welwyn Hatfield Community Safety Partnership has a statutory duty, under the Crime and Disorder Act 1998, to work towards achieving the aims and objectives of the Police and Crime Commissioner's Plan 'Everybody's Business'
We work with the Police and Crime Commissioner for Hertfordshire, the local Criminal Justice Board and representatives from around the Welwyn Hatfield borough and Hertfordshire, as well as many local community and voluntary groups.
What does the Community Safety Partnership do?
We focus on five key priorities to help make the borough a safer place:
- Help people to feel safe within their homes.
- Help people to feel safe in their community and local environment.
- Identify and protect vulnerable people.
- Support, protect and identify victims of domestic abuse whilst also tackling the root causes and preventing future harmful relationships.
- Supporting the community through COVID-19 recovery.
You can find out more about how we are working together to keep our community safe in this video.