The Test and Trace Support Payment Scheme now offers a £500 payment to parents and guardians who are not legally required to self-isolate, but who need to take time off work to look after a child or young person who is self-isolating.
- To be eligible for this payment you must meet all of the following criteria:
- You are a a parent and guardian who needs to take time off work to look after a child or young person in the same household who is self-isolating.
- You are employed or self-employed.
- You cannot work from home while undertaking caring responsibilities and will lose income as a result.
- You will suffer exceptional financial hardship as you are unable to work whilst looking after a child or young person who is self-isolating, and have a limited income.
- Your child or young person:
- Is aged 15 or under (or 25 or under with an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHC)) and normally attends an education or childcare setting
- Has been told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace or by their education or childcare setting because they have been identified as a close contact of someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
Information we need from you
Please ensure that you have the below information available before starting the application:
• National Insurance number
• Your 8-digit test and trace ID number
• Your most recent bank statement, proof of self-employment or wage slips.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, should you require any additional information.
You can apply for a period of up to 42 days after the period of self-isolation has ended. Applications cannot be accepted after this point.
If you think you are eligible click on the link below to apply.