Find out which services we are responsible for, and what Hertfordshire County Council provide.


Council ServicesWho to contact
Adult social servicesHertfordshire County Council
Bin collections and replacementsContact us
Births, deaths, marriages and citizenshipHertfordshire County Council
Children's services and schoolsHertfordshire County Council
Council taxContact us
Driver Training CoursesHertfordshire County Council
Environmental healthContact us
Fly-tipping (off the road)Contact us
Fly-tipping (on the road)Hertfordshire County Council
Fire and rescueHertfordshire County Council
Highways, roads and pavements (including streetlights, potholes and roadworks)Hertfordshire County Council
Housing and homelessnessContact us
Housing BenefitContact us
Household waste and recycling centres (local tips)Hertfordshire County Council
Leisure services (including Mill Green Museum and Campus West)Contact us
Libraries and archivesHertfordshire County Council
Licensing (including Hackney carriages)Contact us
Parking fines, permits and car parksContact us
Pest controlContact us
Planning - new houses, extensions and shopsContact us

Street cleansing and furniture (including some litter and dog waste bins, benches, bus shelters and street name plates)

Contact us
Trading StandardsHertfordshire County Council