Our Housing Allocations team can give free and confidential advice if you have a housing problem, are homeless or are threatened with homelessness.

Our Housing Allocations Team will work with you to find a solution for your housing situation. They will:

  • arrange an appointment with you
  • ask you questions about your circumstances and look at any documents you have
  • explore a range of options available to you
  • provide you with advice
  • draft a plan of actions needed called a 'housing plan'

The more information you can provide to explain your situation the quicker it will be for us to explore all of the options available to you.


What we need you to bring to your appointment

When you come to the appointment you will need to bring proof of:

  • immigration status (a passport or other document that shows you have the right to live in the UK)
  • why you have to leave your home (for example, eviction notice)

If possible, it would also be helpful to bring proof of:

  • income if you are losing your home for financial reasons (for example, bank statements, wage slips, proof of benefits)
  • children (for example, child benefit or tax credit letter and birth certificates)
  • pregnancy (a letter from your doctor or midwife)